MnDOT Research Services & Library and the Local Road Research Board produce a variety of videos. Some highlight ongoing or completed research projects; others are educational videos designed to help inform the public on topics of interest.
To request a hard copy of any of the videos on this page, please contact MnDOT Research Services & Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-366-3780.
- AFADs: Automatic Flagger Assistance Devices
- Timber Bridge Inspection: Stress Wave Timer Demonstration
- Timber Bridge Inspection: Resistance Microdrilling Demonstration
- Truck Parking Availability Demonstration Project
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Crash Types and Countermeasures - MnDOT Webinar
- Chip Sealing on High-Volume Roadways: MnROAD Demonstration
- MnROAD Truck Driver
- Larpenteur Avenue Bridge Slide: Interview with David Herzog
- Reduced Conflict Intersection: A Safer Alternative
- Rumble Strips: Noise Difference from Traditional vs. Sinusoidal Designs
- Sign Life Expectancy Research Project
- MnDOT Library Director Sheila Hatchell discusses library ROI study
- DCT Test Sample Preparation
- Deicing Study: Putting the Products to the Test
- Vehicle-Mounted Robotic Message Painter Prototype
- Frost Damage in Pavement (Two versions: Full-Length / Executive Summary)
- Microwave Asphalt Repair Demonstration - MnDOT District 3
- Bridge Deck Inspection Using an Infrared Camera
- In Search of the Durable Patch
- Three Ways to Cook a Pothole
- Portable Weigh-in-Motion System Demonstration at MnROAD
- MnPILE: Where Research Becomes Reality
- Technical Advisory Panels (Five-Part Series)
- Trash Harvester
- A Snow Plow—Cool!
- Recreational Trail Preventative Maintenance
- Why Aren't They Working on My Road?
- What is the LRRB?
- Minnesota Bike Lanes: Learning to Share
- Answers to Common Questions About Gravel Roads
- Navigating a Multi-Lane Roundabout
- ALERT System Demonstration
- ALERT System: Interview with Traffic Engineer Vic Lund
- Construction Zone Safety: Our Responsibility
- Road Closed Signs: Beware and Be Aware
- Choosing Stormwater Management Practices
- Stop Signs: Why Do We Have Them on Residential Roads?
- Speed Limits: Why Do We Have Them?
- Minnesota Pothole Professionals
- How About a Roundabout?
- Roads and Loads: Finding a Balance
- Pavement Management Systems
- To Pave or Not to Pave?