For Items 1-3
Official contract amendments will be executed upon receipt of a signed letter.
- Time Extension – When the expiration date of the contracts needs to be extended. Please budget time realistically and use this option sparingly. Time extensions affect future funding availability for new projects.
- Total Contract Dollar Amount Change – If the total amount of dollars for the contract is increasing or decreasing an amendment is needed.
- Change of Scope – If the scope of the contract is changing significantly from the original contract an amendment is needed.
For Items 4-7
An official contract amendment will not be executed; however, an amendment request form must still be completed and returned. This signed amendment request will serve as a "letter to the file."
- Key Personnel Changes – i.e. Principal Investigator
- Date Changes - Due dates/deliverable dates change, but the changes will not affect the expiration date of the contract.
- Lump Sum Contract - If it is a lump sum contract and the breakdown of costs are being adjusted, but the actual lump sum amounts are staying the same.
- Cost Plus/Hourly Rate/Unit Rate Contract - If it is a cost plus/hourly rate/unit rate contract, and there are minor adjustments between labor and expenses, but the bottom line — total contract amount — remains the same.