University of Minnesota
Process and Forms
Other Universities and Consultants
Maplewood Lab PI Workplan
Maplewood Lab TL Workplan
For questions please contact:
Anne McLellan, 651-366- 3769
For Items 1-3
Official Contract Amendments will be executed upon receipt of a signed letter.
- Time Extension – When the expiration date of the contracts needs to be extended. Please budget time realistically and use this option sparingly. Time extensions affect future funding availability for new projects.
- Total Contract Dollar Amount Change – If the total amount of dollars for the contract is increasing or decreasing an amendment is needed.
- Change of Scope – If the scope of the contract is changing significantly from the original contract an amendment is needed.
For Items 4-7
An official Contract Amendment will NOT be executed. However, an Amendment Request Form is still required to be completed and returned. This signed Amendment Request will serve as a 'Letter to the File'.
- Key Personnel Changes – i.e. Principal Investigator
- Date Changes - Due dates/Deliverable dates change, but the changes will not affect the expiration date of the Contract.
- Lump Sum Contract - If it is a Lump Sum Contract, and the breakdown of costs are being adjusted, but the actual Lump Sum amounts are staying the same.
- Cost Plus/Hourly Rate/Unit Rate Contract - If it is a Cost Plus/Hourly Rate/Unit Rate Contract, and there are MINOR adjustments between labor and expenses, but the bottom line, Total Contract Amount, remains the same.