Principal Investigator Resources & Training Materials
The following guidelines, forms and training videos are designed to help university researchers through each step of the research proposal, development and contract process.
Guidelines & Forms
- Project Proposal Form (doc)
- Research Project Work Plan (docx)
- Example of Work Plan (pdf) and Need Statement (pdf)
- CTS & MnDOT Work Plan Completion Schedule (pdf)
- Contract Forms & Guidelines
Other Useful Information
Webinars & Videos
The first webinar series prepares university researchers for their role as principal investigators for MnDOT and the Local Road Research Board. Each webinar is beneficial, especially for those new to the research program. See this summary (PDF) for an outline of what's included in each webinar.
Principal Investigator 101:
- Webinar 1: Getting a Research Idea Funded; Developing and Presenting a Proposal
- Webinar 2: Developing the Work Plan and Contract
- Webinar 3: Managing Your Project
Webinar 4: Preparing Draft and Final Reports; Contract Closeout
NOTE: The first time you access a webinar, you will be asked to submit your name, email address and university or organization. Each webinar lasts no more than one hour. PowerPoint presentations are also available for download.
TAP Guidelines, Roles and Responsibilities
MnDOT Research Services has also developed a five-part training series about the roles & responsibilities of the Technical Advisory Panel. It includes the following training videos:
- TAP Video 1: Making Research Work
- TAP Video 2: The Project Coordinator
- TAP Video 3: The Principal Investigator
- TAP Video 4: The Technical Liaison
- TAP Video 5: Other Panel Members
Contact our office at 651-366-3780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.