This Consultant Corner page provides important information to the consultant community regarding Professional/Technical (P/T) contracting with MnDOT. Below, you will find notable changes to the P/T contracting process, helpful reference documentation and information, quick links to navigate through the Consultant Services website, and information on the MnDOT and Consultant Community Collaboration project.
DBE/TGB/VET Total Payment Affidavit
Reminder: When a small business goal is set on a project, consultants must complete and submit the appropriate Total Payment Affidavit to the Office of Civil Rights. The form should be submitted once all work contracted to be performed with the small business(es) has been satisfactorily completed. The Total Payment Affidavit is included as part of each Special Provisions Packet. Completed Affidavit can be emailed to: email@example.com or mailed to: Office of Civil Rights, 395 John Ireland Blvd., MS 170, St. Paul, MN 55155.
Travel Reimbursement (January 2018)
The current, standard IRS mileage rate for business use of a personal vehicle is .545 (cents) per mile.
Work Force Certificates of Compliance
For contracts greater than $100,000, firms are required to have a current Work Force Certificate on file with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights. In addition, for contracts greater than $500,000 firms are required to have a current Equal Pay Certificate.
What is a workforce certificate?
A workforce certificate is a certificate issued to a business by the Commissioner of Human Rights. The Commissioner issues the workforce certificate to a business upon reviewing its affirmative action plan.
What businesses need to obtain a workforce certificate of compliance?
Any business that employs 40 or more employees in a state and that seeks to enter into a contract for goods or services with the State of Minnesota, the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, the Metropolitan Council, the Minneapolis Metropolitan Airports Commission, or the Metropolitan Mosquito Control Commission (bid award entities) that is over $100,000 or is likely to exceed $100,000.
Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Rights website for more information: https://mn.gov/mdhr/certificates/apply-renew/
If you have specific questions about your firms certification call or email the Minnesota Department of Human Rights:
651-536-1100 (Ask for Compliance) / compliance.MDHR@state.mn.us
AASHTOWare Access Provisions
P/T contracts that include AASHTOWare activities must adhere to the following agreements:
New Performance Evaluation Work Flow
MnDOT's new Performance Evaluation Work Flow Process is now in use. Please refer to the documents below for instructions:
- Consultant Guide: MnDOT P/T Contract Performance Evaluation Process (.DOCX) Updated 01/04/17
- Automated Performance Evaluation Process Instructions (.DOCX) Updated 01/04/17
If you have additional questions, after reviewing the documentation, please call the Consultant Services Help Line at 651-366-4611
Following are a few key reference documents that are beneficial for the consultant community.
- Design Guidance: Sediment Control Design Details (PDF 0.5MB) and Design Scene
- Contant List for MnDOT District and Office Consultant Coordinators: Consultant Coordinators List (Word 46KB, Revised 03/17)
- Contact names, phone numbers and roles for the Consultant Services Section: Consultant Services Contacts (Word 55KB, Revised 9/17)
- Instructions on how to fill out the Progress Report Form: Progress Report Form Instructions (Word 20KB)
- Pre-Award Audit and Budget Spreadsheet Information and Guidance: Below are helpful forms and guidance to aid in preparing a Pre-Award Audit Package:
Website Navigation Links
Following are links to other sections of the Consultant Services Website, for quick access: