The historic Garrison Concourse was built in the 1930s during a severe drought. Eighty years later, this concourse projects into Lake Mille Lacs, where the powers of water and winter have made their marks.
Redwood Falls Retaining Walls
Cascade Historic Overlook
This Chaska Historic Marker first appeared in the 1940s. It is pictured here shortly after construction in 1942, before its restoration in 2006, and after restoration in 2009.
Split Rock Lighthouse Overlook
Split Rock Lighthouse Overlook was built in the early 1950’s to provide a place to stop safely and view the Lighthouse and Lake Superior. The overlook was restored in 2009 and later received the FHWA 2010 Biennial Award for Excellence in Highway Design.