What we do
Metro District Traffic Engineering manages the lighting program for the Twin Cities Metro area. It is responsible for project management, final design and plan reviews for lighting design plan packages.
This unit serves as an expert resource to district management, area management and construction personnel with regard to lighting systems and related issues. It identifies, prioritizes and scopes lighting preservation and safety-capacity projects and handles lighting related communications to internal and external clients and customers.
Lighting is separated into two areas. See the Lighting contacts map.
Detailed lighting information
- MnDOT Standard Specifications for Construction - Lighting Systems
- Aesthetic Lighting Operations Policy
- I35W/St. Anthony Falls Bridge Lighting Schedule
- 2015 Traffic Engineering Manual Lighting Chapter
- 2019 Lighting and Signal Certification Field Guide Signal and Light Poles Chapter
- 2010 Roadway Lighting Design Manual