What we do
Metro District Traffic Engineering manages the lighting program for the Twin Cities Metro area. It is responsible for project management, final design and plan reviews for lighting design plan packages.
This unit serves as an expert resource to district management, area management and construction personnel with regard to lighting systems and related issues. It identifies, prioritizes and scopes lighting preservation and safety-capacity projects and handles lighting related communications to internal and external clients and customers.
Lighting is separated into two areas. The Lighting map shows how the Metro District is divided (Internet Explorer ONLY)
Detailed lighting information
- Lighting related design documents such as sample plans, details, design tools, and special provisions - Office of Traffic, Safety, and Technology publications (OTST)
- Master file of lighting related special provisions - Office of Technical Support special provisions
- Lighting System Layouts
- Aesthetic Lighting Operations Policy
- Lighting Calendar for I-35W Bridge in Minneapolis
- 2015 Traffic Engineering Manual Lighting Chapter
- 2016 Certification Manual Lighting Chapter
- Roadway Lighting Design Manual