Everyone plays a role in keeping our roadways safe. Responsible and safe behaviors help people arrive home safely.
- Stop for people crossing the road
- Look in all directions before turning
- Watch for people walking, day or night
- Be alert, and expect to see people walking everywhere
- Slow down for people, slower speeds save lives
- Before passing stopped vehicles, check for people crossing the road
- Cross in well-lit areas when possible.
- Be alert, and look for vehicles before crossing the road
- Stand clear of parked cars and obstacles before crossing
- Look for vehicles in all lanes of traffic when crossing the road
Read the full Crosswalk Law from Minnesota Statute 169.21.