Everyone plays a role in keeping our roadways safe. Responsible and positive behaviors help people arrive home safely.
- Watch for people walking
- Stop for people crossing the road
- Look in all directions before turning
- Slow down for people slower speeds save lives
- Before passing stopped vehicles, check for people crossing the road
- Be alert for turning vehicles
- People driving may not see you day or night
- When possible cross in a well-lit area
- Stand clear of parked cars and obstacles before crossing
Read the full Crosswalk Law from Minnesota Statute 169.21.