Safe Routes to School
November solicitation updates
Check out the grants page for new information posted on 11/21/2014.
- Slides from the solicitation informational webinar on November 17th
- Updated FAQ handout with questions received since October and during the webinar
Also check out the SRTS planning and evaluation page for more info about SRTS plans, evaluation and how to apply for funding without a SRTS plan.
Walk to School Day 2014
Minnesota had another successful Walk to School day on October 8th this year. More than 96 events were registered on the national Walk and Bike to School page and we heard about many others that were not listed online.
- Cloquet completed their third annual Walk to School day event and this year made it part of a broader community walk and bike week
- Minneapolis Public Schools had 30 schools representing more than 7,000 students participate in events throughout the week
- Pipestone and Delano, among other schools, used trails that were funded by SRTS grants for their events
- South Washington County Schools made new videos for Walk to School Day events this year. They had events at six schools.
There were many other great stories shared and we would still love to hear from you if you have photos or videos to share. We’re working on a Safe Routes to School resource center where we one day hope to easily share success stories and media from events like this. Watch for more info next spring!