About Design-Bid-Build QM Process Classes
In 2010, the MnDOT Office of Project Management and Technical Support, Pre-Letting Section developed guidance documentation to enhance quality management initiatives for project activity within the design bid build environment. The Quality Management Process for Design Bid Build Final Plan Development is a value added initiative to establish statewide standards of quality and limit unnecessary project schedule and budget overruns. This process identifies strategies to limit project risk using scalable project quality and constructability criteria. The manual supplements the quality philosophy and offers organized quality criteria, process sequences and defined roles and responsibilities. Through the associated training, a design practitioner may increase his or her awareness of the MnDOT Quality Management Process Manual’s salient and prescriptive quality concepts, strategies, and practices.
Participants will review MnDOT's Quality Management Process Manual, discuss components of the Quality Management Process, and identify QM Process requirements for project development.
The target audience for these classes are: project managers, design squad leaders, design & plan development staff, transportation specialists, planners, auditors, estimators, contractors, local agencies, and consultants involved in the preparation of final plans for roadways and related improvements on the trunk highway system. The classes do not include quality management for the preparation of bridge plans.
Forms to fill-in:
- Quality Management Checklist (Word 25KB) updated 4-19-12
- Design Decision Documentation (Word 15KB)
- 30% Complete Plan & Document Checklist (Word 25KB) updated 4-19-12
- 60% Complete Plan & Document Checklist (Word 28KB) updated 4-19-12
- 90% Complete Plan & Document Checklist (Word 21KB) updated 4-19-12
- 100% Complete Plan & Document Checklist (Word 17KB)
- Review Transmittal Template (Word 28KB) updated 4-19-12
- Review Form (Word 26KB) updated 4-19-12
- Quality Control Check Process (Word 24KB) updated 4-19-12
Sample Procedure and Manual:
- Sample Checking Procedure (PDF132KB)
- Quality Management Process for Design-Bid-Build Final Plan Development Manual (PDF 662KB) updated 4-19-12
Contact Val Svensson at 651-366-4664 if you have any questions.