HydInfra is MnDOT's hydraulic infrastructure information application used to manage inventory, inspection and maintenance activities for storm drainage features.
- HydInfra Culvert and Storm Drainage System Inspection Manual (PDF)
- HydInfra Description 2-pager (PDF)
- Overview of HydInfra features, data formats and data access methods (PDF)
- Capabilities -- shows HydInfra software (PDF)
- Logical model shows HydInfra database tables and data fields (PDF)
- HyiHelp -- HydInfra data fields and attributes
- Flowchart for Pipe Suggested Repair Method (PDF)
- Pre-planning for Asset Management -- Illustrations of HydInfra in use (PDF)
Information and files used to format HydInfra data - Most data collection will be done using Trimble Data Dictionaries and Pathfinder Office hif export setup. This is the preferred option for most conditions. Be aware that Trimble RTK with GTO software does not export easily or directly to the hif format. See the HydInfra Inspector page for information on the hif Export Setup.
Information used by HydInfra inspectors in the field - using Trimble GPS equipment with TerraSync software. Inspection data is then exported to "hif" format with Pathfinder Office software. HydInfra Condition Rating information is also included.
HydInfra ArcMap tools (PDF) allow users to access HydInfra data and create maps for planning purposes and field use.
Oracle Forms allow HydInfra users to access and review uploaded data.
Crystal Reports are used to retrieve HydInfra data.
HydInfra training is set up to fit District needs. Consultant pre-qualification in Work Type 13.0 Hydraulic Structure Inspection, Location and Repair may require that consultants attend HydInfra training.