Home | Reducing carbon pollution from transportation
Sustainable Transportation Advisory Council
The Sustainable Transportation Advisory Council (STAC) makes recommendations to the MnDOT Commissioner. Recommendations consist of strategies to help the agency reduce carbon pollution from transportation. This is consistent with the MnDOT statutory goals outlined in Minnesota statute 174.01, the Next Generation Energy Act, and the annual MnDOT Sustainability Report. The STAC focuses on recommendations that value equity and environmental justice.
The goal of the STAC is to help Minnesota transition to a low-carbon transportation system in a way that is consistent with statutory goals for energy and emissions reductions and maximizes benefits to Minnesota, while recognizing the importance of continued work towards improving safety, reducing inequities, and supporting economic development.
Please see the STAC Charter (PDF) and membership list (PDF) for more information on the council.
STAC meetings are open to the public and non-members. Time will be reserved at the meeting for the public to comment. If you are interested in participating in this meeting, please contact us.
To request reasonable ADA accommodations for a MnDOT STAC meeting, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The STAC will hold a hybrid meeting from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM on Tuesday, May 30.
Microsoft Teams Link
B27 TEC Center
395 John Ireland Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55155
STAC meeting materials and related documents
- May 30, 2023 Agenda (PDF)
- May 30, 2023 Presentation (PDF)
- May 30, 2023 Handout 1 (PDF)
- May 30, 2023 Handout 2 (PDF)
- March 20, 2023 STAC meeting minutes (PDF)
- March 20, 2023 STAC presentation (PDF)
- March 20, 2023 STAC agenda (PDF)
- Feb. 1, 2023 Life and Breath Report presentation (PDF)
- Feb. 1, 2023 STAC agenda (PDF)
- Dec. 21, 2022 STAC presentation (PDF)
- Dec. 21, 2022 STAC minutes (Word)
- Dec. 21, 2022 STAC agenda (PDF)
- Consolidated 2022 STAC Draft Recommendations (PDF)
- Older items
MnDOT responses to STAC recommendations
- Pathways to Decarbonizing Transportation (PDF)
- Summary: Minnesota's Plan for Volkswagen Settlement Funds (PDF)
- Great Plains Institute White Paper: Clean Fuels Policy for the Midwest (PDF)
- Minnesota Electric Vehicle Vision (PDF)
- MJ-Bradley: Electric Vehicle Cost Benefit Analysis
- Governor's Council on Biofuels