Electric Vehicle Plan
Part of the bipartisan infrastructure law created the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program. That program provides funds for states to install fast chargers for electric vehicles (EVs).
In Minnesota, we expect to invest about $68 million from this program over five years, along with a 20% non-federal match. To be eligible for the federal program, Minnesota needs to submit a Statewide Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan by Aug. 1.
Visit the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan webpage for more information and to share input on the plan.
2021 Electric Vehicle Assessment
The 2021 Minnesota Electric Vehicle Assessment describes EV market trends, strategies to increase the use of EVs, and actions the State can take to meet its EV adoption and carbon reduction goals. A multi-agency steering committee led the development of the Assessment. A technical stakeholder group of public, private, and nonprofit sector stakeholders provided support.
The Great Plains Institute and Bellwether Consulting prepared the 2021 Minnesota Electric Vehicle Assessment for MnDOT. This was the first of two phases of the state’s EV planning process.
REV Midwest MOU
Governors from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin signed the Regional Electric Vehicle for the Midwest Memorandum of Understanding (REV Midwest MOU). The MOU created a partnership to work together on EV charging and vehicle electrification. REV Midwest sets the stage to work together on increasing the number of EV chargers for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles along key corridors. This will help create jobs, prepare for the future, reduce pollution, and improve public health. The MOU will help the Midwest region compete for new private and federal funding for vehicle electrification.
- Accelerating Electric Vehicle Adoption: A Vision for Minnesota (PDF)
- Electric Vehicle Finance in MN fact sheet (PDF)
- Electric Vehicle Fast Facts (PDF)
- Electric Vehicles in MN: Top Ten (PDF)
- Great Lakes Zero Emissions Corridor - Memorandum of Agreement (PDF)
- Great Lakes Zero Emissions Corridor - Letters of support (PDF)
- Guidance: Use, Site Design, and Operations of Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers (PDF)
- MnDOT EV Charging Stations (PDF)
- Electric Vehicle Dashboard
- Drive Electric MN Electric Vehicle Database