Electric vehicle planning
What we know
Electric vehicles provide benefits including less carbon pollution, lower maintenance costs, and improved fuel efficiency. Demand for electric vehicles and chargers will increase in coming years.
What we're doing
- We're implementing the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program in Minnesota through a new grant program.
- The Statewide Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan describes how Minnesota will spend the first year of funds from the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program.
- The 2021 Minnesota EV Assessment describes EV market trends, strategies to increase the use of EVs, and actions the State can take to meet its EV adoption and carbon reduction goals.
- The EV dashboard displays data on electric vehicle ownership and charging stations in Minnesota.
- Vehicle sales and fuel taxes impact transportation funding. This EV Fact Sheet (PDF) has information about how EVs fit into the transportation funding mix.