Queen Avenue Bridge (Bridge L9329)
History & significance
The Queen Avenue Bridge is a single-span, concrete arch bridge constructed in 1905 to carry two lanes of vehicular traffic on Queen Avenue over the Como-Harriet Streetcar line. The structural arch and its headwalls/wingwalls are comprised of cast-in-place reinforced concrete. The Minneapolis Street Railway Company constructed the Queen Avenue Bridge to replace an inadequate wooden bridge at the same location for the Minneapolis Park Board in 1905. The bridge is historically significant as an early example of a reinforced concrete arch bridge in Minnesota. Additionally, it is a contributing resource to the Grand Rounds Historic District.
City of Minneapolis (Hennepin County)
Latitude, Longitude: 44.92449084, -93.31133046