Interlachen Bridge (Bridge L9328)
History and significance
The Interlachen Bridge is a single-span, filled-spandrel, reinforced-concrete arch bridge that carries William Berry Parkway over the Como-Harriet streetcar line. It was designed by William S. Hewitt and completed in 1900. The abutments, wingwalls and spandrel walls are comprised of mortared stone masonry. The Interlachen Bridge is one of the most significant bridges in Minnesota. It is an outstanding example of a reinforced-concrete arch employing the patented Melan reinforcing system. It is also a contributing structure to the Grand Rounds Historic District.
City of Minneapolis (Hennepin County)
Latitude, Longitude: 44.93136917, -93.30884091