History & significance
Bridge L6113 is an earth-filled, stone-faced concrete arch with a stone veneer and ashlar limestone trim. The bridge carries East Fourth Street over Tischers Creek through Congdon Park in Duluth, St. Louis County. It was designed by the City of Duluth’s Engineering Office and constructed by Salo and Wiinamaki in 1925 as part of the general improvement of East Fourth Street. Bridge L6113 is significant for its Classical Revival-inspired design aesthetic, including use of native limestone veneer and reinforced-concrete arch.
City of Duluth (St. Louis County)
Latitude, Longitude: 46.81944096, -92.06316301