Park Bridge No. 5 (Bridge L5730)
History & significance
Park Bridge No. 5 (Bridge L5730) was built in 1925 as part of the expansion and upgrading of the Minnehaha Parkway, which the bridge carries over Minnehaha Creek. The 33-foot-long structure is a single-span, reinforced-concrete, deck-girder bridge, but designed to resemble a concrete-arch bridge in keeping with the Neoclassical architectural style then prominent in park aesthetics.
Bridge L5730 is located within the Minnehaha segment of the Grand Rounds in Minneapolis and is a contributing resource to this part of the Grant Rounds Historic District.
City of Minneapolis (Hennepin County)
Latitude, Longitude: 44.907904, -93.285276