Soo Line Bridge (Bridge L5721)
History & significance
Bridge L5721 was built in 1910 as a Soo Line Railroad bridge carrying the single-track mainline over Columbia Parkway, one-half mile west of Central Avenue in Minneapolis. Built on a skew, the bridge has three steel deck-girder main spans and seven timber deck-girder approach spans. The piers and abutments are timber pile bent structures. Since 1990 the bridge has been owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway, successor to the Soo Line.
Bridge L5721 is a contributing resource to the Grand Rounds Historic District.
City of Minneapolis (Hennepin County)
Latitude, Longitude: 45.03118, -93.255051