Minnehaha Avenue Bridge (Bridge 4559)
History and significance
Bridge 4559, also known as Minnehaha Avenue Bridge, was built in 1890 and carries South Minnehaha Park Drive over Minnehaha Creek within Minnehaha Park, Minneapolis. In 1926, the original masonry arch was widened on one side with a reinforced-concrete arch, resulting in an unusual bridge comprised of two separate materials. The masonry arch, about two-thirds of the 76-foot bridge width, is on the east and the reinforced-concrete arch is on the west.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board owns the 25-foot-span bridge, which is a contributing resource to the Grand Rounds Historic District.
City of Minneapolis (Hennepin County)
Latitude, Longitude: 44.915537, -93.212549