Nymore Bridge (Bridge 2366)
History & significance
The Nymore Bridge is a three-span, reinforced concrete, filled-spandrel, barrel-vault, segmental-arch bridge with "U" abutments that carries a bicycle trail over the Mississippi River in downtown Bemidji. When built in 1917, the bridge carried "Old Highway 2," which connected the city of Bemidji with the village of Nymore. The Nymore Bridge is historically significant as an unaltered, very early, barrel-vault, reinforced-concrete bridge in Minnesota. It is additionally significant for its use of George Cheney’s patented concrete reinforcing system during the period of experimentation in reinforcing materials and systems.
City of Bemidji (Beltrami County)
Latitude, Longitude: 47.46691556, -94.87832867