About Labor Compliance at MnDOT
The purpose of the Labor Compliance Unit at MnDOT is to ensure that public works projects are constructed and maintained by the best means and the highest quality of labor reasonably available — and that persons working on these projects be compensated according to the real value of the services performed.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation Labor Compliance Unit is designed to serve contracting agencies (government personnel), contractors, workers, and other interested parties by providing prevailing wage contract administration guidance, compliance support, and enforcement of the Minnesota Prevailing Wage Act, Federal Davis-Bacon and Related Acts, Minnesota and Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Therefore, in order to protect the interests of the public and the integrity of the bidding process, the Minnesota Department of Transportation Labor Compliance Unit has developed this comprehensive website to provide contracting agencies (government personnel), contractors, workers, and other interested parties with the resources needed to be successful on a project funded through the Commissioner of Transportation.
- Prevailing wage reporting support (manual and electronic).
- Prevailing wage complaint assistance.
- Prevailing wage contract administration (provisions and compliance) assistance.
- Forms, instructions, and resources.
- Project poster boards.
- Prevailing wage, CRL, and truck rental rate training.
- Trucking compliance and reporting.
- Payroll and fringe benefit audits related to prevailing wage and other labor laws.
- State and federal statutory and rule guidance related to prevailing wage and other labor laws.
- Project compliance reviews.
- Vendor registration.
- Decisions (i.e., prevailing wage, off-site facility, labor classification, conformance, wage rate, etc.).
- Prevailing wage civil and criminal investigations.