Projects selected under the asset management category include the rehabilitation and replacement of pavement, bridges and other infrastructure.
The majority of MnDOT highway construction projects are pavement and bridge projects. MnDOT scores these projects based on pavement and bridge needs. Projects are selected to address a primary pavement or bridge need and added to the 10-year Capital Highway Investment Plan.
MnDOT’s approach to managing pavement and bridge conditions is based on the following:
- Investment direction, performance measures and planned outcomes in the Minnesota State Highway Investment Plan
- National goals and performance targets for Interstates and the National Highway System (NHS)
- Guidance and strategies in the Transportation Asset Management Plan
Pavement and bridges on the NHS are scored and selected separately from pavement and bridges off the system.
- National Highway System pavement projects
- Non-National Highway System pavement projects
- Urban pavement projects
- National Highway System bridge projects
- National Highway System culvert projects
- Bridge projects over state highways carrying railroads
- Pedestrian bridge rehabilitation/replacement projects
- Non-National Highway System bridge projects
- Non-National Highway System culverts