Plant inspection and laboratory
The Metro District Inspection Unit is responsible to provide quality assurance inspection and materials testing at the bituminous and concrete plants in the Metro District. This work is performed for all state projects, as well as county and city projects. Our personnel perform quality assurance duties for construction project engineers to aid them in fulfilling the MnDOT Schedule of materials control requirements; and review contractor quality control test procedures and results for exceptions (tolerances, failures, sampling and testing procedures) on materials placed on the projects.
- Bituminous exception submittal (XLS)
- Bituminous sample card (PDF)
- Asphalt sample card (PDF)
- Bituminous and concrete order (XLS)
- Concrete exception submittal (XLS)
- Lab testing plant inspection services request (Word)