State highway and road construction projects
The Contaminated Materials Management Team is involved beginning at scoping through end of construction for evaluation of potential contaminated soil and groundwater materials associated with a State Project (S.P.) scope.
- Early Notification Memo review and response
- Contamination investigations
- Phase I ESA
- Phase II Drilling Investigation
- Construction Monitoring
- (2105) Special Provisions for Contaminated Soil and Groundwater
- (1717) Air, Land, and Water Pollution Contingency
- Property transactions
Cooperative construction projects require coordination with Local Units of Government to conduct environmental due diligence, sub-surface investigations and remediation. This process is outlined in the Right of Way Manual, Section 137.1.
For more information about regulated waste (asbestos, lead) visit MnDOT OES Regulated Materials.