District 4 Construction
- 2014/2015 - Hwy 34 passing lanes/turn lanes, Becker and Hubbard counties
- 2015 - Hwy 34 resurfacing from Hwy 59 at Dunvilla to I-94 at Barnesville
- 2015 - Hwy 10/Hwy 59 Frontage Road Reconstruction, Detroit Lakes
- 2015 - Hwy 12 from Kerkhoven to Pennock
- 2015 - Hwy 9, Hwy 28, Hwy 55 in Morris, Donnelly, Herman, Doran and Wendell areas
- 2015/2016 - I-94/Hwy 29 Area Project, Alexandria
- 2015/2016 - Hwy 75 Realignment Project, Kent
- 2016 - I-94/Hwy 75 Interchange Reconstruction Project, Moorhead
- 2016 - Parkers Prairie Hwy 29 Resurfacing and Reconstruction
- Proposed Hwy 29 overpass near Glenwood
Moorhead HAWK signal
An explanation of the new pedestrian signal (700 KB pdf)
District 4 Information
District 4 Fact Sheet (PDF)
District 4 Manufacturers' Study
Final Report (PDF)
Click on your region below for more information.Or use this City Listing to find your Mn/DOT district.
District 4 — West central Minnesota
About District 4
District 4 serves Becker, Big Stone, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Mahnomen, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Swift, Traverse, and Wilkin counties. These 12 counties in west central Minnesota comprise as District 4 of MnDOT.
The headquarters are located in Detroit Lakes and Morris, and other offices are located in Alexandria, Fergus Falls and Moorhead.
More than 500 manufacturing and 400 trucking firms depend on our highway system for safe and efficient movement of goods.
The MnDOT team in District 4 plans, designs, constructs and maintains the state and federal highway systems within district boundaries. We also manage the aid and assistance given to county and city systems that qualify for state and federal dollars.
District 4 provides transit, trail and rail transportation services as well as 17 maintenance truck stations.
If you are interested in public involvement with our transportation projects, please go to District 4’s Area Transportation Partnership page for more information.
Statewide and District Investment Plans