Southbound I-35 is routed onto Lower Michigan Street near Garfield Avenue and back onto I-35 just north of 27th Avenue West. This configuration will be in place through fall of 2022.
- Northbound I-35 to southbound I-535
- Southbound I-35 to southbound I-535
- Southbound Hwy 53 to northbound I-35
- Southbound Hwy 53 to southbound I-535
- Northbound I-535 to northbound Hwy 53
- Southbound I-35 to northbound Hwy 53
- Northbound I-535 to southbound I-35
- Southbound Highway 53 to southbound I-35
- Northbound I-35 to northbound Highway 53
- Lower Michigan Street is closed from near 15th Avenue West to 21st Avenue West.
Northbound I-35 traffic is routed onto the existing southbound lanes of I-35. This configuration will be in place through fall of 2022.
A temporary Traffic Signal is in operation at the intersection of Piedmont and 24th Avenue West.
Current Ramp Closures and Detours:
Click here for detour maps. Detours will be in place prior to the start of demolition. All new ramps are scheduled to be open to traffic by fall of 2023.
The Cross City Trail along Lower Michigan Street is closed and detoured from Spring 2021 to 2024. The city of Duluth has a detour in place.
The ramps connecting I-35 to I-535 will re-open.
All roadways and ramps will open on the final roadway.
There will be lane closures for finishing work on I-35.