Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training
MnDOT, in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration and the University of Minnesota (College of Continuing and Professional Studies), conducts annual Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training in February and March to:
- Improve the quality of inspections
- Introduce new equipment and techniques
- Maintain consistency and reliability throughout the statewide network of bridge safety inspection programs
Speakers discuss a variety of issues that surround key topics, and use visual presentations with handouts to deliver the core of this training. Seminars are scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Who should attend
- Individuals who need to maintain MnDOT certification as a Bridge Safety Inspection “Team Leader.” Attendance is required at a minimum of two bridge inspection refresher training seminars during each four year recertification period.
- County, city, or consultant engineers who are designated as bridge inspection “Program Administrators” are required to attend a minimum of two bridge inspection seminars every four years.
- Individuals who assist in bridge inspections are not required to attend, but are welcome and encouraged to do so.
The seminar fee is $125 and includes training materials, lunch and refreshment breaks.
MnDOT employees must register through their training representative. All others must register through the University of Minnesota (College of Continuing and Professional Studies) using the link below: