Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training
MnDOT, in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration and Lake Superior College, conducts annual Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training in February and March to:
- Improve the quality of inspections
- Introduce new equipment and techniques
- Maintain consistency and reliability throughout the statewide network of bridge safety inspection programs
Speakers discuss a variety of issues that surround key topics, and use visual presentations with handouts to deliver the core of this training. Seminars are scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Who should attend
- Individuals who need to maintain MnDOT certification as a Bridge Safety Inspection “Team Leader.” Attendance is required at a minimum of two bridge inspection refresher training seminars during each four year recertification period.
- County, city, or consultant engineers who are designated as bridge inspection “Program Administrators” are required to attend a minimum of two bridge inspection seminars every four years.
- Individuals who assist in bridge inspections are not required to attend, but are welcome and encouraged to do so.
The seminar fee is $125 and includes training materials, lunch and refreshment breaks.
MnDOT employees must register through their training representative. All others must register through Lake Superior College.