Mn/DOT advertises and solicits bids for construction and maintenance projects in an effort to open the process to all contractors and suppliers and to identify the lowest responsible bidder- the bidder who complies with all prescribed requirements. This process ensures taxpayers receive the best value for their dollars.
Ways to Bid
Effective March 1, 2011
NOTICE TO ALL BIDDERS : All bids over $150,000 must use two-way electronic bidding.
There are two ways to bid on Mn/DOT highway construction and maintenance projects:
1-Two-way Electronic Bidding
2-Hard Copy Bidding
- You will need Version 5.11a of the Expedite bid program to use two-way electronic or disk bidding
- Two-way electronic bidding is not available on state-aid projects (SAP #s)
- Disk bidding is usually not available on state-aid projects; however, some counties utilize disk bidding
Pre qualification & Qualified Bidders
Mn/DOT has no prequalification requirements for submitting bids on construction projects.
Only eligible businesses can bid on Mn/DOT projects. Debarred businesses or persons are ineligible to bid on, subcontract for, or supply materials or services for any state, county, construction, maintenance or municipal project.
Purchasing Plans & Proposals & Plan Holder Lists
Electronic files for our Plans and Proposals will be available in pdf format via Mn/DOT E-Plan Room
Bidders can also review the plan holders list that shows who has ordered plans and proposals for the same project.
- You are responsible for acknowledging all addenda. Failure to acknowledge addenda will cause bid rejection.
- Mn/DOT will not be responsible for bidders receiving addenda unless they appear on the plan holders list.
Bid Letting Links
- Bid Letting-Site Search
- Current / Future Letting Date
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Minnesota Statutes