Summary of work
- Repaving 27 miles of southbound Hwy 61 from Wabasha to Minnesota City. Most of the work is in the southbound direction but there is some work also on the northbound side of the road
- Replacement of approach panels, end posts, and guard rail on two northbound bridges
- Replacement of approach panels, end posts, and guard rail on four southbound bridges
Hwy 61 and Hwy 42 south of Kellogg:
- Installation of a reduced conflict intersection (RCI)
Hwy 74 in Weaver:
- Resurfacing 0.3 miles of Hwy 74
- Removal of portions of sidewalk
- Investigating the installation of ADA ramp connection to historic building
During the spring of 2021, MnDOT sought feedback from residents, businesses and users of Hwy 61 from Wabasha to Minnesota City about the proposed work and traffic management during construction. The survey closed June 10, 2021, but remains available to view. Thank you to all who provided feedback.
MnDOT hosted a public meeting on March 31, 2021 for community members, local businesses and others to review the project. A recording of the meeting is available for review. People are encouraged to ask questions and provide feedback.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-366-4720.
Following guidance from state health officials to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, MnDOT temporarily postponed all in-person public meetings and events until the spring of 2021. Public engagement is a priority and MnDOT offered online options as one way to continue and maintain connections with the public during that time.