Sign up for project email updates
About this project
2022 construction summary and 2023 planned work
The 2022 construction season wrapped in mid-November, and with that comes an opportunity to give a summary of all the work that was completed. This construction summary is presented in visual format through a series of maps so that it is easy to see where the work was completed. In addition to an overview of 2022 construction, there is also an overview of 2023 construction.
Construction will resume April 1, 2023 with lane closures and some access closures along the highway.
Summary of work
The most recent traffic changes and construction information can be found on the Updates page.
MnDOT’s construction project along Hwy 52 between Zumbrota and Cannon Falls began July 5, 2021. Year two of construction began April 21, 2022. The project is expected to be completed in 2023.
Upcoming work in 2023 includes the following:
- The Hwy 52 southbound bridge over the Zumbro River will be replaced.
- The Hwy 52 northbound bridge over the Zumbro River will be repaired.
- Hwy 52 southbound lanes from Goodhue Co. Rd. 24 in Cannon Falls to (4,000 feet) north of Co. Rd. 9 will be reconstructed.
- Hwy 52 southbound lanes from Co. Rd. 50 to 1.3 miles north of Goodhue Co. Rd. 7 will be reconstructed.
- Frontage roads and cul de sacs will be constructed.
- A noise wall will be constructed along northbound Hwy 52 south of Hwy 58 interchange at Zumbrota.
The construction schedule is on the Schedule page.
More construction projects are scheduled on the Hwy 52 corridor between Rochester and St. Paul through 2024.