Public meetings and events
An in-person public meeting occured on June 24 at the Zumbrota VFW Club. It was open house style, so people reviewed the information and shared feedback with the MnDOT project team.
Those who were unable to attend can view the same maps and posterboards shown at the public meeting. Please click on the links to view the displays and maps from the meeting.
If you have questions, please email your comments to our project team and we’ll connect back with information.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-366-4720.
Meeting poster boards
- Project Purpose Poster Board (PDF)
- Project Schedule Poster Board (PDF)
- Stay Connected Poster Board (PDF)
Proposed Design Layouts on Aerial Maps
- Section from Cannon Falls to County Road 1 (PDF)
- Section from County Road 1 to County Road 50/135th Ave (PDF)
- Section from 420th Street to Hwy 52 over Hwy 60 (PDF)
- Hwy 57/County Road 8 Interchange (PDF)
2021 detours with exact dates to be determined:
Early July – Late July
- Construct nine temporary median crossover lanes to direct traffic off or onto the Hwy 52 northbound or southbound lanes.
- Safety is a primary concern in every work zone area. A crossover lane allows one to two lanes of traffic to be shifted to lanes on the opposite side of the highway through the construction work zones.
- Construct 12 temporary right turn lanes along Hwy 52.
- These turn lanes help improve road traffic safety and efficiency.
- Construction of the median crossover lanes and right turn lanes will begin on the south end of the project and move north.
- Motorists will not experience traffic impacts during this time.
Late July - October
- Two lanes will be open in each direction on Hwy 52 for the majority of the project area.
- Single lane traffic on Hwy 52 will occur just north and south of the Hwy 60 East interchange for an approximate .5 mile.
- Motorists can expect single lane closures and lane shifts. Signs will give advance notice of lane changes.
Late July: Consecutive night-time closures
- Removal of Hwy 60 West overpass bridge at Hwy 52.
- Hwy 52 northbound and southbound will be closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Motorists will utilize entrance/exit ramps to move northbound and southbound on Hwy 52.
August - mid-November: Construction and Detours
- Construct Hwy 60 West overpass bridge at Zumbrota.
- Motorists traveling east on Hwy 60 to Zumbrota will utilize Hwy 52 southbound and exit at Hwy 58.
- Motorists traveling Hwy 52 northbound to Hwy 60 West will utilize Hwy 58 exit to west Goodhue County Road 10 to Goodhue County Road 12 to Hwy 57 north to connect to Hwy 60 in Wanamingo.
- Replace northbound Hwy 52 bridge at Hwy 60 East interchange south of Zumbrota.
- One weekend closure of Hwy 52 southbound off-ramp to Hwy 60 during bridge removal from Friday at 7 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m.
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 52 South to Hwy 60 East will utilize a U-turn lane at 480th St.
- Motorists traveling west on Hwy 60 East to Hwy 52 South will travel Hwy 52 North to the Hwy 58 interchange, cross over the highway and return to Hwy 52 South.