The Micro Grant Program assists certified small businesses in increasing their business capacity by providing financial assistance for eligible business expenses. Through expanding their capacity and industry expertise, small businesses will increase their eligibility on MnDOT contracts.
How it works
- Funding available until April 29, 2022 or until funding is exhausted
- Funding is provided through reimbursement
- Reimbursement maximum: $2,000 per certified small business
- Minnesota-based businesses
- Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, Targeted Group, Economically Disadvantaged, and/or Veteran-Owned businesses and
- Working on or actively pursuing MnDOT projects and/or contracts
- Technical training
- Website development
- Technical certifications required to perform specific MnDOT contracts
- Other areas of assistance based on the Business Development Plan approved by MnDOT as part of Small Business Pathway to Success Program
- Purchasing highway heavy construction related books or software
For detailed information about the Micro Grant, review the SFY 2022 Micro Grant Request for Proposal.
Complete the SFY 2022 Micro Grant Application.