The Micro Grant Program assists Minnesota-based certified small businesses in increasing their business capacity by providing financial assistance for eligible business expenses. Through expanding their capacity and industry expertise, small businesses can compete more effectively on MnDOT contracts.
How it works
- Funding available until April 30, 2024 or until exhausted
- Funding must be preapproved and is provided through reimbursement
- Reimbursement maximum: $3,500 per certified small business
- Minnesota-based businesses
- Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, Targeted Group, Economically Disadvantaged, or Veteran-owned businesses and
- Working on or actively pursuing MnDOT projects or contracts
- Actively participating in MnDOT DBE Supportive Services programs
- Technical training, workshops and conferences
- Individual business development training
- Website development
- Technical certifications related to business work area
- Software that increases opportunities to bid on MnDOT contracts (like Bid Express)
- Purchasing books or educational materials related to industry or bidding
- Professional services
- SFY 2024 Micro Grant Request for proposal and application
- SFY 2024 Micro Grant questions and answers
Attend a Micro Grant info session
- Nov. 28, 3 - 4 p.m.
- Online - link will be provided when you register
- Register for an online Micro Grant info session
Applications must be fully completed upon submission. Priority will be given to applicants who have not received a micro grant in the previous three state fiscal years. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. For applicants who have received a micro grant in the past three years (July 2020‐June 30, 2023), applications will be held until October 31, 2023, and then evaluated and processed in the order that they were received.
Fiscal Year 2023 Certified Small Business Micro Grant recipients