- March 18 from 8:30 a.m. - Noon at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center - FULL
- March 18 from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center
- March 19 from 8:30 a.m. - Noon at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center - FULL
- March 19 from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center
- March 31 from 8:30 a.m. - Noon at the MnDOT St. Cloud Conference Center - FULL
- March 31 from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the MnDOT St. Cloud Conference Center
This class introduces the participant to the Minnesota Crash Mapping Analysis Tool 2 (MnCMAT2) software. The (MnCMAT2) software enables the user to analyze crashes based on a number of crash attributes, including: county, city, township, coordinates, milepost, intersection, and local law enforcement case number. The tool also enables the user to produce charts or maps to graphically view crash data and crash locations. Charts can be created by various crash attributes, including: crashes by county, month, day of the week, crash severity, manner of crash, surface conditions, and type of roadway. The software can produce a color map with plotted crash sites, a series of charts based on crash attributes, and automated reports based on selected attributes of crashes.
Cost: No cost
To sign up, fill out the registration form for the appropriate date/time/location below:
- March 18 from 8:30 a.m. - Noon at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center (PDF) - FULL
- March 18 from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center (PDF)
- March 19 from 8:30 a.m. - Noon at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center (PDF) - FULL
- March 19 from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center (PDF)
- March 31 from 8:30 a.m. - Noon at the MnDOT St. Cloud Conference Center (PDF) - FULL
- March 31 from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the MnDOT St. Cloud Conference Center (PDF)
Fundamentals of Construction Inspection
Are you relatively new to the field of construction inspection or considering a career in that role? Will you be working on county or municipal construction projects? This course is intended for you!
This workshop will introduce new inspectors to the components and considerations for success. It will outline the roles and responsibilities of inspectors, discuss required documentation, help you practice communication skills, and assist you in understanding project documents, which include both plan drawings and written specifications.
- Inspector roles and responsibilities
- Introduction to site safety
- Communication and documentation
- Contract documents
- Tracking construction progress
- Understanding plans and specifications
- Ethics and behavior
For further details: Fundamentals of Construction Inspection flyer (PDF)
Cost: No cost to attend, but registration is required and attendance is limited to 50 per session.
Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies
This online distance-learning course was created to provide a concise, cohesive set of sign maintenance and management materials to employees of cities, counties, and municipalities. The development of this course stemmed from the realization that no consistent sign training is available locally and that many key maintenance staff are retiring without transferring their knowledge to younger staff. In addition, it is often challenging for maintenance staff to attend workshops and training in person, since their schedules change frequently and are often weather-dependent.
This course will help maintenance staff better understand sign materials, placement, installation, and retroreflectivity, as well as general maintenance and management practices. In addition, students will learn how to use and navigate the Minnesota Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MN MUTCD) and understand new federal requirements related to sign maintenance and management.
The course consists of 10 lessons, each containing a narrated presentation, video clips, and a quiz. Participants can complete the course, which will take about 10 hours, at their own pace.
- General overview
- Minnesota Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Sign policy
- Sign materials
- Sign placement
- Sign installation
- Sign retroreflectivity
- Sign maintenance and management
- Addressing and street name signs
Cost: $65 ($75 to register for a Continuing Education Credit)