- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Information
- MnSHIP 2014-2033
- MnDOT Performance Measures
- MnDOT Strategic Vision
- Projects Currently Under Construction
- Projects -Future Work Planned
- Area Transportation Partnerships
- Minnesota GO
Related Guidance & Studies
- Access Management Manual
- Benefit/Cost Guidance
- Complete Streets
- Cost Participation:
- FHWA & MnDOT Stewardship Plan (pdf)
- Functional Classification
- Guidelines for Federal Earmark Funding on TH Projects (pdf)
- Interregional Corridors
- MnDOT Public Involvement
- Municipal Agreements
- Project Scoping and Cost Estimating
- Regional Trade Center Study (pdf)
- SRC Eligibility
- Target Formula
- Transportation Long-Range Funding Solutions
50-Year Vision for Transportation
Statewide Multi-Modal Plans
- Statewide Highway Investment Plan 2014-2033 (MnSHIP)
- Aviation plan
- Bike Plan
- Freight Plans
- Passenger Rail Plan
- Greater MN Transit Plan
- Greater MN Transit Investment Plan
- Major Highway Projects Report
- Trunk Highway Bridge Improvement Program - Chapter 152 Report
- State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
- Minnesota State Highway Investment Plan 2014-2033
- ARRA Certified Project List as of 8/9/2010
- Statewide Highway Investment Plan 2009-2028 (pdf)
- District Highway Investment Plans 2009-2028
- Highway Investment Plan 2011-2020 (pdf)
- Transportation Revolving Loan Fund
- Chapter 152 Bridge Program-Statewide Transportation Planning Cover Letter (Aug 2009)
- Chapter 152 Bridge Program-Statewide Transportation Planning Report (Aug 2009) (pdf)
Last updated: 4/1/2013
What is the Statewide Multimodal Transportation plan?
Minnesota's Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan establishes overarching guidance and priorities for making transportation decisions across all modes focusing on activities over the next 20-years. The statewide transportation plan is updated every 4 years and must be updated by January 15, 2013.
The Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan will help guide transportation decisions throughout Minnesota over all modes and jurisdictional levels.
Learn more about the Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan
What is the 20-year State Highway Investment Plan (MnSHIP)?
The 20-year State Highway Investment Plan is one of the modal plans comprising MnDOT’s Family of Plans. The purpose of MnSHIP is to link the policies and strategies laid out in the Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan to capital improvements on the state highway system.
MnSHIP will lay out a general plan of improvements for the next 10 years (2014-2023). The second 10 years of the plan (2024-2033) will not identify specific projects, but rather lay out broad program-level investment priorities and associated funding allocations.
Learn more about MnSHIP.
What is the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)?
The STIP is a federally required document that provides a list of transportation projects that are expected to be funded with federal transportation dollars within a four-year window. This list of projects includes state and local transportation projects funded with federal highway or federal transit funds. Minnesota also includes most projects on the state trunk highway system regardless of funding source (federal or state). Rail, port, and aeronautic projects are included for information purposes.