- Minnesota 2013 Freight Railroad Wall Map w/Volumes & Speeds (PDF 32"x40", 11.2 MB)
- Minnesota 2013 Freight Railroad Map (PDF 8.5"x11", 1.7 MB)
- Twin Cities Metro Area 2009 Freight Railroad Map (PDF 8.5"x11", 682 KB)
- Project Managers Area Map (PDF 8.5" x 11", 451 KB)
- Minnesota Freight Facilities (PDF 1.4 MB)
- Minnesota State Rail Bank Corridors (PDF 8.5"x11", 856 KB)
- Intermodal Terminals in Minnesota (PDF 8.5"x11", 936 KB)
- Minnesota Twin Trailer Network (PDF 916 KB)
- Oversize/Overweight Superload Corridors 2013 (PDF 1.63 MB)
- Truck Freight Tonnage 2013 (PDF, 3.77 MB)
- DRAFT Southeastern Minnesota Frac Sand Facilities Map (PDF 2.0 MB)
Freight Facilities Database
Contact: Matt Pahs
The database includes freight-generating facilities in Minnesota, categorized by business type, commodity, and/or location. Maps and attribute tables can be generated to support integrated, multimodal transportation planning.
With this information, MnDOT is able to:
- develop, evaluate, and prioritize investment decisions and infrastructure needs that consider freight;
- identify corridors of high freight activity and plan growth along priority corridors; and
- create the foundation for commodity flow modeling.
Rail Grade Crossing Improvement Program (RGCIP)
Contact: Tim Spencer
RGCIP is a tool that maintains an accurate, timely and consistent grade crossing and rail infrastructure inventory as well as project, financial, and crash information.
Freight Planning Information System
Contact: Peter Dahlberg
This data tool assists MnDOT in making informed, efficient, and effective decisions and investments regarding modal and intermodal freight needs. This tool is used to:
- capture data about goods movements, particularly origins and destinations of major freight flows;
- develop commodity flow modeling; and
- support MnDOT's focus on corridor-level management and analysis.