MnROAD is looking for new and innovative test sections, research needs, and other ideas to take advantage of the MnROAD facility. We invite NRRA members and others to participate in this effort. Here are ways you can participate through IdeaScale, which will require you to create a login and password. Ideas you enter yourself can be edited by you later (and also by some of the MnROAD staff). NRRA ideas the chairs can also edit as needed.
MnROAD Test Section/Maintenance Ideas
1. Enter ideas into IdeaScale that you want considered for future test sections and maintenance ideas at MnROAD.
--Attaching a workplan is suggested for more detail (can be done anytime)
2. People can comment and show interest in the ideas.
3. Authors and MnDOT staff can update the ideas per the comments received.
4. MnROAD will use this list for future planning and discussion with NRRA, MnDOT, and the LRRB.
NRRA Team Research Idea Development
|Flexible Team||2016 Ideas and Rankings|
|Rigid Team||2016 Ideas and Rankings|
|Preventive Maintenance Team||2016 Ideas and Rankings|
|Geotechnical Team||2016 Ideas and Rankings|
|Intelligent Construction Technology Team|
|Technology Transfer Team|
NRRA Idea Process
1. Enter ideas into IdeaScale that you want considered for future funding/efforts.
--Use the past 2016 NRRA ideas or enter new ones.
--Research does not need to be tied to MnROAD test section construction.
2. All members can add comments for needed changes.
3. Authors, Team Chairs, and MnDOT staff can update the ideas per the comments received.
4. Once we have a set of ideas – NRRA members can vote on them (more details later).
5. After that voting, a Work Plan will be then required.
MnROAD Partnerships / Use of the MnROAD facility
MnROAD also supports many partnerships that are not a part of NRRA, involves building test sections, or even related to traditional pavement design. Use this method to contact us and talk about your ideas.
1. Email MnROAD the inital idea.
2. MnROAD staff will contact you and discuss your need in more detail
- Work Plan better defines the idea and what support is needed from MnROAD staff.
- A Partnership Agreement may also be required.