Minnesota Department of Transportation

511 Travel Info

Erosion Control and Stormwater Management

Construction site management

Erosion control supervisor

Do you have what it takes to be an erosion control supervisor?

Stormwater Inspections

The following template and instructions are for contractors to use to document weekly and post-rain construction stormwater inspection reports on MnDOT projects.  Alternative formats can be used as long as they provide the same information and level of detail described in the documents below.

Reporting Spills and Sediment Releases

MnDOT specs require the contractor's Erosion Control Supervisor to report spills and sediment discharges to the state duty officer.  See the following documents for more information.

Permit compliance

Dust control


Working in public waters

Good housekeeping practices