Current construction projects
- Hwy 12 Atwater to Litchfield
- Hwy 15 Winthrop to Brownton
- Hwy 15 Hutchinson to Dassel
- Hwy 67 & 212 in Granite Falls
- Hwy 30 in Pipestone
- Hwy 75 in Pipestone
- Hwy 23 Saratoga Street in Marshall
- Hwy 23 & Kandiyohi County Road 5
Upcoming 2015 projects
- Hwy 12 Kerkhoven to Pennock
- Hwy 29 in Montevideo
- Hwy 23 in Paynesville
- Hwy 71 in Redwood Falls
- Hwy 14 Florence, Tracy
- Hwy 59 (and Hwy 19) in Marshall
- Hwy 71 and Hwy 7 Roundabout
- Hwy 68 (Hwy 19 to Milroy)
- Hwy 19 Morton,Fairfax
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes
- Hwy 23 Gap: New London to Paynesville
- Hwy 23 Gap: Paynesville to Richmond
- Hwy 40 Bridge 3 miles west of Milan
- Willmar Rail Connector & Industrial Access Project: Willmar Wye Concept
- Hwy 12 Willmar Corridor
- Manufacturers' Perspective Pilot Study
Click on your region below for more information, or use this City Listing to find your MnDOT district.
District 8 — Southwest Minnesota
About District 8
District 8 serves Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, and Yellow Medicine counties. These 12 counties in southwest Minnesota comprise as District 8 of MnDOT.
Combined, these 12 counties represent 10 percent of the total land area in the state and just under five percent of the total population. Read more about District 8 (PDF, 154 KB).
The MnDOT team in District 8 plans, designs, constructs and maintains the state and federal highway systems within district boundaries. We also manage the aid and assistance given to county and city systems that qualify for state and federal dollars. District 8 provides transit, trail and rail transportation services as well. Eighty percent of District 8’s capital resources over the next 10 years will be invested in system preservation to ensure a safe and reliable transportation system.
Toward Zero Deaths
We initiated and continue to promote the Southwest Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program, which aims to eliminate serious injuries and deaths due to traffic issues. To learn more about Toward Zero Deaths click on TZD under Quick Links.
To learn more about the impact distracted driving can have watch this powerful 10-minute video by the Minnesota State Patrol, titled "Shattered Dreams: Distracted Driving Changes Lives".
Upcoming Open Houses
Area residents and other interested individuals are invited to attend open houses to learn details about upcoming projects, ask questions and provide feedback.
Hwy 71 & Hwy 7 Roundabout
- Thursday, July 30th from 5-7 p.m.
- Lake Lillian City Center, 511 Lakeview St. in Lake Lillian
Hwy 19 Bituminous Overlay (Morton to Fairfax)
- Tuesday, August 11th from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in Fairfax (112 1st. St. SE)
- Wednesday, August 12th from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in Morton (221 W 2nd St.)