Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- 2017 construction project map
- 2017 construction projects
- 2016 completed projects
- Future projects
- D8 Area Capital Highway Investment Plan (CHIP) (2017-2026)
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
District 8 news
- You're invited to the open house for the Lac qui Parle bridge (Hwy 40) project, June 28th from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Milan at City Hall.
- The Hwy 22 Litchfield project is now complete. The detour will be removed and the road will be opened to motorists by noon June 27.
- Utility location and surveying work has started in dowtown Hutchinson as part of the 2020 Hwy 15/Main Street reconstruction project. Motorists and residents will notice bright pink paint along the project area. For more information on the project visit the webpage.
- The Hwy 7 resurfacing project and US71/Hwy 7 roundabout projects started Monday, June 12. A detour is required for the Hwy 7 project and can be found on the webpage. US 71, north and south, will remain open during the construction of the roundabout.
- Hwy 29 bridge replacement project in Montevideo started Monday, June 12. A detour is in effect.
- Hwy 22 south of Litchfield closed Monday, April 17. Detour is in place. The Hwy 22 project includes the resurfacing of Hwy 22, culvert replacement and construction of turning lanes. For more information on the project and the detour visit the project webpage. Construction is anticipated to wrap up by the end of June.