Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- 2016 construction project map
- Future Projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
District 8 Traffic Alerts
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes - Hwy 23 detour from Holland to Pipestone is currently in effect.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes - Hwy 23 detour from Russell to Florence is currently in effect.
District 8 Open Houses
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes: Tuesday, May 31 at the Clara City building (215 1st. NW) from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes:Tuesday, May 31 at the Raymond Community Center (314 Spicer Ave) from 6-7 p.m.
- Marshall Hwy 23 Safety Assessment: Tuesday, June 21 at the Marshall-Lyon County Library (201 C St.) from 4-6 p.m.
District 8 News
- The Marshall Area Hwy 23 Safety Assessment is in full swing. Read the most current newsletter.
Hwy 23 South Gap - New London to Paynesville Public Hearing
A 30-day public comment period for the EAW will begin on May 2, 2016. The purpose of the open house (Tuesday, May 17) is to provide citizens the opportunity to comment on the EAW. Project staff will be available at the open house to answer questions and take comments. Individuals or representatives of organizations are encouraged to submit written comments prior to 4:00 p.m. on June 1, 2016. The EAW can be obtained electronically or a hard copy can be picked up at the MN Department of Transportation Willmar Office (2505 Transportation Rd.) or the Willmar Public Library (410 5th St. SW).