Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- 2017 construction project map
- 2017 construction projects
- 2016 completed projects
- Future projects
- D8 Area Capital Highway Investment Plan (CHIP) (2017-2026)
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
News & open houses
- District 8 is looking for individuals interested in working full-time (temporary) this summer. You must be 18 or older and able to pass pre-employment screenings. Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2017 or until filled.
- District 8 has been been awarded Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) funds to construct two Reduced Conflict Intersections (RCIs) in Marshall (Hwy 23 & Lyon Street, Hwy 23 & CSAH 7). For more information on RCIs visit MnDOT's RCI webpage. Recommendations for the intersections came from the Hwy 23 Marshall Area Safety Assessment.
- You can now view road conditions from MnDOT snowplow cameras. Go to 511mn.org and click on plow cameras under the menu.
- Looking for information about mowing and baling in the highway right of way? Check out our webpage for permit information including Frequently Asked Questions.