Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- 2016 construction project map
- Future Projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
District 8 Traffic Alerts
- Hwy 14 SD state line to Lake Benton - Detour goes into effect Monday, August 1.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes - Hwy 23 detour from Granite Falls to Cottonwood went into effect Wednesday, July 20.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes - Hwy 23 detour from Raymond to Clara City (stage 1) is currently in effect. Project has been impacted by recent wet weather. Waiting to be able to pave the segment.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes - Hwy 23 detour from Holland to Pipestone is currently in effect.
- Bridge maintenance work district-wide has begun. All work will be done under traffic by closing one lane at a time on the bridges using a temporary signal.
District 8 News
- The Minnesota Department of Transportation has issued its Findings of Fact and Conclusions on the Hwy 23 New London to Paynesville 2-Lane to 4-Lane Conversion Project. Check out the document for more information or visit the project webpage.
- Did you miss the Open House in Richmond on May 12th? Check out the Hwy 23 Paynesville to Richmond page for the latest information and layouts.
- The Marshall Area Hwy 23 Safety Assessment held its third open house on June 21. Interested in the preferred strategies - check out the webpage and then take the survey to give your input!