Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- Construction projects, plans, and studies
- 2020 construction projects map (PDF)
- Districtwide and maintenance projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
- District 8 Annual Utility Meeting information
District 8 news
- Following guidance from state health officials about protecting the health and well-being of Minnesotans and preventing further spread of COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Transportation has postponed all scheduled public meetings and project open houses statewide.
- Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
District 8 virtual public meetings
- Hwy 67 Granite Falls to Echo (ends Aug 9) - MnDOT is recommending rerouting Hwy 67 via other roadways due to the high cost and significant impacts to environment and historic and cultural site. We are looking for your feedback on the two reroute alternatives. Click here to view the virtual open house, ask questions and give your feedback.