Construction from W. Nicollet to N. Mankato begins July 6, 2015
The four-lane expansion from west of Nicollet to North Mankato will begin July 6. The construction will result in the closure of Nicollet County Road 23 south of Highway 14 for until late summer 2016.. The bulk of the work in 2015 will be utility relocations, erosion control, bridge fills for the new interchange and general grading operations along existing Highway 14 for the additional two lanes. In addition a culvert will be replaced resulting in a 6-8 week detour of Highway 14. The project is expected to be complete in the fall of 2016.
- Groundbreaking - July 6, 9 a.m. at the Nicollet County Shop on County Rd 23 in Nicollet. Everyone is welcome to attend. Contractor and MnDOT staff at ceremony to answer construction questions.
- Detour and staging map (PDF) for 2015-2016 Nicollet to North Mankato project
- Nicollet County Rd 23 detour begins July 6, 2015
- Watch for US 14 detour August 10, 2015
- Revised local access - design concepts
- Grade separated interchange (PDF) for Hwy 14 and Hwy 111 south of Nicollet
- Minor access changes and access control purchased along corridor for improved safety