W. Nicollet to N. Mankato - construction
Work resumes in April
The four-lane expansion from west of Nicollet to North Mankato (9 miles) is underway. The majority of the earth work in 2015 including utility relocations, erosion control, bridge fills for the new interchange and general grading operations along existing Hwy 14 for the additional two lanes was completed.
Construction in 2016 includes putting down granular and aggregate bases then concrete paving, striping, signing, erosion control. Bridge beams are scheduled to be set yet this winter and then decking can begin in the spring. The project should be completed in November.
The site of the new interchange - Nicollet County Road 23 south of Hwy 14 is closed until late summer 2016.
- Detour and staging map (PDF) for 2015-2016 Nicollet to North Mankato project
- Nicollet County Rd 23 detoured until 2016
- US 14 detours (late-summer 2016 for about 60 days)
- Revised local access - design concepts
- Grade separated interchange (PDF) for Hwy 14 and Hwy 111 south of Nicollet
- Minor access changes and access control purchased along corridor for improved safety
- 2016 Construction
- Resumes in April
- 2015 Construction
- Construction update - Oct. 26 - Detour removed Oct. 26
- Construction update - Oct. 20 - Weather permitting, Hwy 14 detour removed Oct. 24
- Construction update - Oct. 4 - First layer of pavement on existing Hwy 14
- Construction update - Sept. 29, 2015 - Placing granular and aggregate in preparation for paving next week
- Construction update - Sept. 9, 2015 - Wet conditions slowing progress - Detour until mid-October
- Construction update - Aug. 24, 2015 (PDF)
- Construction update - July 21, 2015 (PDF)