Construction from W. Nicollet to N. Mankato 2015-16
Hwy 14 detour Aug. 10 to mid-October
The four-lane expansion from west of Nicollet to North Mankato is underway. Nicollet County Road 23 south of Hwy 14 is closed until late summer 2016. The bulk of the work in 2015 will be utility relocations, erosion control, bridge fills for the new interchange and general grading operations along existing Hwy 14 for the additional two lanes. In addition culverts will be replaced resulting in an 8 week detour of Hwy 14. The project is expected to be complete in the fall of 2016.
- Detour and staging map (PDF) for 2015-2016 Nicollet to North Mankato project
- Nicollet County Rd 23 detour begins July 6, 2015
- US 14 detour starts August 10, 2015 for two months.
- Revised local access - design concepts
- Grade separated interchange (PDF) for Hwy 14 and Hwy 111 south of Nicollet
- Minor access changes and access control purchased along corridor for improved safety
- Construction update - July 21, 2015 (PDF)
- Construction update - Aug. 24, 2015 (PDF)
- Construction update - Sept. 9, 2015 - Wet conditions slowing progress - Detour until mid-October
- Construction update - Sept. 29, 2015 - Placing granular and aggregate in preparation for paving next week