Gateway New Ulm Project
The Hwy 14/15 New Ulm Gateway project begins in the December 2017 with preliminary work and the majority of the work in 2018-19. The project includes work on three bridges, 7th St. street scape, and landscaping.
Work in 2018 and 2019 results in detours. See maps on the handout to plan ahead.
Specifically, the project includes:
- Two-lane bridge over the Minnesota River with a substructure that can be expanded to four lanes (PDF)
- Two-lane bridge over Front Street designed for four lane expansion adjacent to the structure (PDF)
- An interchange (bridge) at the intersection of Hwy 14 and 15 and Nicollet County Road 21 - Y intersection (PDF)
- Roundabout at the Hwy 14 and Front Street intersection (PDF)
- Reconstruction of Hwy 14 (7th Street) between Broadway and Front Street (PDF) including city watermain and sanitary sewer replacement
- Raising Hwy 14 and 15 to be above the 100-yr flood elevation
- A trail on the north side of the Highway from German Street to the interchange
- Removal of the existing truck station outside of town and construction of a new truck station in Courtland