Gateway New Ulm Project
The Highway 14/15 New Ulm Gateway project, expected to begin in the fall of 2017 with the majority of the work in 2018-19 includes work on three bridges, 7th St. street scape, and landscaping.
Specifically, the project includes:
- Two-lane bridge over the Minnesota River with a substructure that can be expanded to four lanes
- Two-lane bridge over Front Street designed for four lane expansion adjacent to the structure
- An interchange (bridge) at the intersection of Highways 14 and 15 and Nicollet County Road 21 (Y intersection)
- Roundabout at the Highway 14 and Front Street intersection
- Reconstruction of Highway 14 (7th Street) between Broadway and Front Street including city watermain and sanitary sewer replacement
- Raising Highway 14 and Highway 15 to be above the 100-yr flood elevation
- A trail on the north side of the Highway from German Street to the interchange
- Removal of the existing truck station outside of town and construction of a new truck station in Courtland
Opportunities for public input during this final design phase includes construction staging workshops in early 2017 and a public open house in late summer 2017 to review the final construction staging and schedule.