About District 3
District 3 serves these counties:
- Crow Wing
- Mille Lacs
District 3, which encompasses much of central Minnesota, has two full service offices-- the district headquarters is located in Baxter and a second office in St. Cloud. Twenty truck stations, staffed with experienced transportation specialists, are strategically located throughout the district. This presence helps to provide efficient highway construction and maintenance, which benefits all customers, internal and external. Approximately 380 dedicated employees are skilled in engineering, snow and ice control, traffic, land acquisition, business planning and much more. District 3 is staffed to be a competitive organization. Each person plays an important role in the safety and efficiency of Minnesotas transportation system.
District 3 supports
- 1,607 centerline miles (4,001 lane miles) of state, U.S., and interstate highways
- 718 Adopt-A-Highway groups
- 423 bridges
- 367 miles of rail line
- 110 miles of paved trails
- 20 public airports
- 13 Park-and-Ride lots
- Eight transit systems
- Eight public rest areas
- One Northstar commuter rail line service
- Two Travel Information Centers
- One Training Center
- MnROAD (Minnesota Road Research Projects) along I-94 in Albertville
- District fact sheet: Statistics on number of road miles, signals, railway tracks, rest areas, transit systems
- District 3 brochure: Overview of the district, what we support and contacts.
- Local Plan & Development Process: A guide designed to assist in understanding the process and requirements for involving District 3 in the review of local plats and development proposals.
- District 3 roads: Map of the roads the district maintains. Our district has a few boundaries depending upon the services. The main boundaries are funding ATP-3 based (twelve counties) and maintenance based (extends outwardly).