News and Events
2015 Minnesota Aviation Art Contest
This year theme is "World Air Games". All children (entrants) must be residents of Minnesota. Entries eligibility is for children between the ages of 6-17 by December 31, 2014. The format required is on 11 by 17 paper and artwork must NOT be framed or outlined with border.
- All entries must be postmark and received by no later than 4:00 PM, Friday, January 23, 2015
- (NO Exceptions)
- Fillable Application the 2015 contest application form is now available in PDF format (PDF, 1.66 MB)
- Select this link to learn more about the Minnesota Aviation Art Contest
2015 Minnesota Aviation Maintenance Technician Conference
- Select this link to download the 2015 Minnesota Aviation Maintenance Technician Conference Exhibitor Information Packet (PDF, 797 KB)
- Select this link to download the 2015 Minnesota Aviation Technician Conference Floor Plan (PDF, 389 KB)
- Select this link for map and directions to the Earl Brown Heritage Center
- Learn more about the 2015 Minnesota Aviation Maintenance Technician Conference
Summer Aerospace Workshop for Teachers
This free workshop is a great opportunity for teachers to learn more about the aerospace industry and how to teach students about aviation. Space is limited to 24 teachers, so register now!
June 22-25, 2015
Minneosta Department of Transprotation - Office of Aeronautics
222 E. Plato Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55107
For more information about this free workshop, please see the flyer (PDF, 458 KB).
Airport Directory Mailing List Opt Out
If you are a Minnesota aircraft owner who does not want to receive a paper copy of the MN Airport Directory and Travel Guide, please select this link to our opt out form.
2015 Airport Directory and Travel Guide Changes
MnDOT Aeronautics is making changes to the 2015 Airport Directory and Travel Guide.
Aircraft Registration Fees Have Changed
As of July 1, 2014, a new law has changed your aircraft registration fees.
Learn more about Aircraft Registration fees changes (PDF, 65 KB).
Minnesota Aviation Equipment Taxes Survey
Please give Aeronautics and the Legislature your Input!
Fly Minnesota Passport Program
Fly Minnesota Airports is a program sponsored by MnDOT Aeronautics and the Minnesota Council of Airports (MCOA) to promote general aviation in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT),office of Aeronautics has a program for airports and their communities called Adopt-An-Airport. Any public-use airport in Minnesota is eligible to participate in the program.
Transportation Economic Development Program
This program is a joint effort between the Minnesota Department of Transportation and Department of Employment and Economic Development, It is designed to address both the state’s transportation system needs and economic development objectives; to create and preserve well-paying jobs across the state. All airports are encouraged to apply.