Solicitation will open in the of spring 2024.
Planning Assistance Grants
Safe Routes Planning Assistance overview
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) will support SRTS plans for K-12 schools across Minnesota through planning assistance awards. Successful applicants will receive planning assistance provided by the Regional Development Organization (RDO), Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), or a statewide planning consultant if their services are unavailable.
Plans will include:
- Analysis of existing conditions
- Public outreach
- Identify potential infrastructure and non-infrastructure improvements to help more children safely walk and bike to school
More information on the planning process and type of assistance available through this grant is available in the Planning Assistance Application Guide.
Applicants should be prepared to support plan development by providing information on:
- Online assessment tool
- Parent and student surveys
- Arranging and promote workshops
- Identify issues and solutions that will help more children walk and bike to school
- Demonstrate a commitment to implementing the plan once complete
The next solicitation will open in the spring of 2024.