The Office of Advancing Equity exists to carry forward the momentum statewide on creating greater community trust by advancing equity through MnDOT’s contracting and purchasing power.
Equity refers to the impact we seek to create by making our procurement and contracting processes more inclusive of diverse businesses, especially businesses owned by women, persons of color, veterans, Native Americans, tribal governments, persons with a disability, and other small businesses throughout Minnesota that are unable to compete for large MnDOT projects.
- Create processes, standards and tools so all staff can identify and contract work well suited for local small businesses.
- Advise and be a resource inside and outside the agency to maximize opportunities.
- Right size contracting opportunities for local small businesses.
- Track, analyze and share quantitative and qualitative data so we can identify gaps and diagnose what’s working.
- Increase the utilization of Negotiated Maintenance & Construction contracting (NMC) process and professional technical contracts.