Family and Medical Leave
MnDOT Policy #WF004
Revised: September 11, 2021
Please go to the MnDOT Org Chart to find specific contact information: Org Chart.
Responsible Senior Officer: Deputy Commissioner/Chief Administrative Officer
Policy Owner: Director, Office of Human Resources
Policy Contact: Labor Relations Manager, Office of Human Resources
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) fully adopts the statewide policy, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), HR/LR #1409, issued by Minnesota Management and Budget and incorporated herein by reference. MMB ensures that the statewide policy is accurate, updated, and that relevant interpretations of the law are considered.
The objective of the statewide policy is to provide standards and expectations to agencies on implementation of the federal Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA) and the regulations thereunder (Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 29, Chapter V, Part 825).
All MnDOT employees must comply with MnDOT policies.
Policy Owner (Director, Office of Human Resources)
- Distribute the statewide policy to all employees.
- Provide a copy of the statewide policy to all new hires and maintain a record that each new hire has received a copy.
- Review this policy every two years, or whenever MMB makes changes to the statewide policy, to ensure the policy remains up-to-date.
- Ensure documents and training associated with the policy remain current.
- Work with the Policy Coordinator to revise the policy and/or confirm its accuracy.
- Communicate policy revisions, reviews, and retirements to stakeholders.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), HR/LR #1409
- Business Data Catalog (BDC) – accessible from employee Intranet
- MnDOT’s Policy Website
August 8, 2012
- Policy 3.5, Family and Medical Leave Act
- Effective: June 1, 1999
- Revised: February 14, 2011
- Guideline 3.5-G-1, Family and Medical Leave Act Guidelines
- First Revision: June 15, 2015
- Second Revision: September 11, 2021 (renumbered #WF004 from #HR004)
This policy's next scheduled review is due September 2023.