This webpage is not updated over the weekend/overnight. For up-to-date information on traffic impacts, visit 511mn.org.
All traffic impacts are tentative and weather dependent.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be added as details become available. Motorists can expect reductions in Hwy 55 lane width over the Mendota Bridge during construction. Pedestrians and bicyclists can expect a closure and detour of the trail over the Mendota bridge in 2024.
About this project
The goal of this project is to improve the ride (smoothness), restore the pavement and redeck or repair bridges in the project area, as well as replace the bridge railing and lighting on the Mendota Bridge.
Summary of work
- Replace railing and lighting on the Mendota Bridge (May-November 2024)
- Completed: Redecked the Hwy 55 bridges over I-494 and I 35E
- Completed: Updated pavement on Hwy 55 between Bloomington Rd. in Minneapolis and Hwy 52 in Inver Grove Heights
- Completed: Repaired pavement on Hwy 55 over the Minnesota River on the Mendota Bridge
- Completed: Added trail between Mendota Heights Rd. and Blue Gentian Rd.