This webpage is not updated over the weekend/overnight. For up-to-date information on traffic impacts, visit 511mn.org.
All traffic impacts are tentative and weather dependent. Access to businesses and residences will remain open throughout construction.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available. The majority of work is complete, but crews will return in the spring of 2024 to install decorative pedestrian rails. Expect to see some overnight traffic impacts next year as we complete this work.
About this project
Crews have replaced the bridge and reconstructed the interchange at Hwy 169 and Co. Rd. 9 (Rockford Rd./42nd Ave.) between New Hope and Plymouth. We also put in accessible sidewalks for pedestrians and bicyclists during construction.
Summary of work
- Replace the old bridge with a new, wider bridge
- Rebuilding the interchange from a full cloverleaf into a folded diamond layout
- Adding additional turn lanes and ramp lanes for drivers
- Adding new signal systems
- Replacing existing signals at Nathan Ln. and Gettysburg Ave.
- Adding new pedestrian and bike trails on both sides of Rockford Rd. for better and safer connection for Plymouth and New Hope pedestrians and bicyclists