About this project
MnDOT reconstructed and expanded nine miles of Hwy 23 from two to four lanes between Stearns CR 33 in Paynesville and Hwy 22/Grant Ave SW in Richmond.
Summary of Work
- Reconstruct and expand to four lanes (two lanes in each direction)
- Replace pipe under CR 43
- Realign and improve access to/from the following Hwy 23 intersections
- 263rd Ave
- CR 12
- CR 43
- CR 114
- Realign the highway curvature near Roscoe to improve sight distances
- Reconstruct one mile of Glacial Lakes State Trail near Richmond
Nov. 2, 2023
- The detour will be lifted by mid-day today.
- This project has been completed.
Hwy 23 is an important interregional corridor that is a key artery for the economy in the region. It provides the primary east-west route connecting Willmar to Interstate 94 and beyond. The segment of Hwy 23 between Willmar and Interstate 94 is about 53 miles. All but 16 miles are a four-lane roadway.