About this project
Summary of work
Construction is scheduled to occur over two years. The work during 2022 started May 23 and was completed Nov. 16. In 2023, work is scheduled to begin Apri 17 and end mid-July, weather permitting. Work includes the following.
- Reconstruction of Hwy 57 in Kasson from Veterans Memorial Highway/Dodge Co. Rd. 34 to 11th St. NE.
- Construction of roundabout at Hwy 57 and Veterans Memorial Highway/Dodge Co. Rd. 34.
- Construction of mini roundabout at Hwy 57 and Main St.
Work is being split into stages.
- Stage 1A was completed in 2022 and included all reconstruction work from just north of 1st St. NE to south of 7th St. NE.
- Stage 1B was completed in 2022, including reconstruction work from south of 7th St. NE to north of 11th St. NE.
- Stage 2 will be completed in 2023 and includes all reconstruction work from south of Veterans Memorial Highway/Dodge Co. Rd. 34 to just north of 1st St. NE, including the roundabout at Co. Rd. 34 and the mini roundabout at Main St.
Hwy 57 and 16th St. roundabout
Another project is occurring in Kasson from April through July 2023. This is a local partnership project and it is being led by the City of Kasson. A roundabout is being constructed at Hwy 57 and 16th St. More details and contact information can be found on the project website.