Below are the preliminary results of the noise wall process. Final results will be included in the forthcoming Finding of Fact document.
Note that vote percentages do not add up to 100%. This is because percentages are given as a percent of the total possible vote points, and not every eligible ballot was returned.
Wall 1: Will NOT be installed
- % of voting points received = 60%
- Yes = 20%
- No = 40%
- This location is on the east side of Hwy 52 adjacent to the Hwy 60 west interchange in Zumbrota.
Wall 2: Will NOT be installed
- % of voting points received = 61.50%
- Yes = 24.14%
- No = 37.36%
- This location is on the east side of Hwy 52 between the Hwy 60 west interchange and the Hwy 58 interchange in Zumbrota.
Wall 3: Will be installed
- % of voting points received = 82.35%
- Yes = 82.35%
- No = 0%
- This location is on the east side of Hwy 52 south of the Hwy 58 interchange in Zumbrota.
On Oct. 13 and Oct. 28, virtual public information meetings were held to discuss the proposed noise walls and voting procedure.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-366-4720.